Tuesday, January 17, 2017

About me!

Hello folks!! My name is Lelia(Lee-la), and I am a freshman anthropology major! I love to listen to music, and my Pandora playlists often range from 80s music to classical; from hard rock to show tunes.  I have never been a real big fan of rap, country or techno music. I wonder all the time why people enjoy the bassy club music and electronic beats.  I can listen to such genres but all I get is white noise and repeated topics, so it has been hard for me to truly listen to these genres.  

 So in my blog, I plan to uncover why it is people enjoy them so much! What is it that draws so many people to the loud incoherent beats? I just cannot relate to tractors, let alone green ones. One will see quotes from friends and residential-mates about why they like such music or why they dislike it, to further the understanding of the appeal of these genres. I will include others ideas on the song or track along with my analysis.
    
 As an Anthropologist I just have to uncover why these music genres are so widely appreciated and the elements that make them appealing. It may prove to be a mighty task, and It may never actually know the appeal or ‘beauty’ of these songs. But I hope to find a better understanding of what makes people love it. It should prove to be an interesting project, one that I believe will give me a better understanding as well as fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment